Tenant FAQs

Answers to your frequently asked questions

  • How old do you have to be to apply?

    All persons 18 and over, and/or emancipated minors must submit a separate and completed application online and pay the required $50.00 application fee. The minimum qualifying requirement is:
    • They must make 3x the rent rate.
    • They must have provable rental history.
    • They cannot have an eviction or owe money to a previous landlord.
  • Is the deposit refundable?

    The disposition of the security deposit is prepared and issued within 30 days as required by Texas Property Law. FCR Personnel will discuss any major damages with the Property Owner.

    Bills are to be collected for disbursement of the security deposit statement. If necessary, FCR uses estimates for deductions from security deposits until receiving the bills. If the vacating tenant owes money for rent and/or damages, it is to show on the security deposit transmittal, and a letter of request is to be prepared with the transmittal. If money is due a check is issued with the deposit transmittal. The Property Manager mails the funds to the former tenant with an explanation of funds and/or damages via certified mail.

  • Who needs a cosigner?

    FCR generally does not take co-signers unless special circumstances prevail, and the Property Owner approves a cosigner. A co-signer must fully qualify for the property with an above-650 credit score and, if possible, own property.
  • How do I pay rent?

    All rents are due on the 5th of each month, unless specifically designated otherwise in the tenant’s lease/rental agreement, or by another specific agreement authorized by Management.

    FCR accepts rental payments by:

    • By ACH (Automated Clearing House)/direct deposit
    • By credit cards
    • By mail
      • At FCR office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday
      • At FCR office night drop box is located on the front door of the office.
    • Money order
    • Cashier’s check
    • Travelers checks
  • I want to get a pet. What do I do?

    It is the FCR policy that tenants must have prior approval to have a legal pet and must supply the appropriate documentation and additional security deposit to add a pet. All pets are processed through the pet screening site. OnCe approved the tenant must then sign a pet agreement and pay the appropriate fees or deposit.
  • I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?

    Your roommate must qualify for the rent on their own before we can release you from the lease. It is also possible for a new roommate to take over if they are approved through our screening process.
  • My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?

    Per your lease make sure you submit a notice to your property manager on or before the 1st of the month . Also make sure you receive a response that the notice was received.
  • Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?

    Most repairs are the responsibility of the owner. However repairs such as clogged disposal or toilets can be charged back to the tenant.